Friday, May 18, 2012

(((((Freewheelin Friday, Pt. 4)))))

I originally intended to post each (((((Freewheelin' Friday))))) in cronological order of when the work was made, but i'm already pretty out of sequence,so... here's that latest thing to come from my kitchen!

A few weeks back I took some glamour shots of Kelly's old bike for the record. The following week was her birthday, so I cranked this bad boy out in my kitchen one afternoon/evening in just under 11 hours... felt good to get back into the painting gig, hadn't picked up a paint brush since, well i don't know when. Was going for a bit of a black velvet canvas feel by painting on a 3 1/2 foot by 2 1/2 foot piece of black foam core that I trash picked from the curb a little while ago.

This painting was definitely  a step in a more detailed orientated direction that some of my older work, and I gotta say it felt pretty good to really zone in and focus on the execution. Oh, and painting reflective surfaces is always a blast. Man, i've got to make more work... Maybe something fresh again for next Friday? Who knows! Stay tuned...







1 comment: