Friday, March 30, 2012

((((( Freewheelin' Fridays, Pt. 1 )))))

One of the very first photo shoots I did for the magazine was actually for our 2010 calendar. It was with a bike from Chicago and a girl from Grand Rapids, and to this day, it is still one of my favorite shoots.


I had never painted on a scale quite like this before, and it turned out to be quite enjoyable. I spent weeks on the thing, going over every detail, spending hours on end posted up in the garage painting and painting and painting and loving every minute of it.


After what seemed like forever, I figured she was just about done. I took her back to my office where she's been ever since, greeting visitors at the door. Old ladies give her a dirty look, young kids get dirty thoughts. However, I think the day has finally come where I'm ready to say goodbye to the babe in cut-off jean shorts and let her light up someone else's night.


 This piece is about as close to life size as you can get, 34 inches across by 66 inches tall. Black and white paint with a glossy clear coat on a beautiful piece of wood, would look great in any garage or man cave. Take this blonde bombshell home today by contacting me at backtalk@ironcross.net, will ship anywhere in the US or Canada.


4 comments:

  1. Outstanding! Very nice man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caleb! I may or may not have been brainstorming an Uncle Sam painting in the mix based off of some M. Schmidt photos... Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing this painting and the king and queen seat painting are some of the coolest pieces of art I've seen. Very creative. question is...did you sell it yet!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally killer . Been a long time since I painted anything that didn't get bolted onto something with wheels myself. Inspiring painting Jordan!

    ReplyDelete