Friday, March 11, 2011

The Jerk

One of my all time favorite movies is "The Jerk" with Steve Martin. So when I had the day off yesterday and was browsing my local used book store, I was quite excited to find it in paper back form.


The Jerk, in paper back? Yes, i found myself asking the same question. How could you put that awesome movie into book form? Well, the whole thing is just like a collection of screen shots and brief re-caps of the main scenes. Not as good or hilarious as the movie, but a cool find for sure.

I was mainly excited to see the scene where Steve Martin, or "Navin" as he's known in the movie, meets and briefly dates a bad ass motorcycle stunt chick in a traveling carnival. Here it is!



Sweet paint job!



I was really hoping they'd have the scene where she bursts through a flaming wall, wipes out hard, gets up and throws her helmet into Navins gut, asking him if he wants to go on a date-- all in one fowl swoop! But it was not in the book form... the riding over the VW scene will have to do.


Towards the end of the Carnival segment, Patty finds out that Navin's been hangin' with another chick, and she totally kicks his ass then pulls a blade on him. I think seeing this movie at such a young age may have sparked my love and appreciation (and respect!) for chicks who ride their own motorcycles. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment