Monday, January 31, 2011

"Les Miller's XS650"

Jack writes...

"Hey Horse Backstreet Choppers!!! Just picked up issue #106 and on pages 90-91 you have a cool 78 XS650 pictured, "Mad Max" by Les Miller.

I've got a 78 XS650 (picked it up for $100 complete and running!) in the front room of my trailer that I just pulled the motor out of and am getting ready to chop the frame up for a hard tail. After seeing the Mad Max bike, I want to do something similar to mine as I like the look and especially the fact that he only has about $600 into it.

I've been searching the net all morning and the 650 chopper sites but couldn't find any more pics of that bike, just wanted to know if you guys had anymore photos of the bike or if this guy has a link to a website with more pics, that would be awesome.

Thanks for your time and keep up the awesome job on the mag, it's the only bike mag I will purchase because you guys keep it real!

From snow frozen South Dakota,

Joe Zulker

Here ya go Joe!





More pictures and the rest of the story can be found in issue 106, on news stands right now!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, yep, yep... Dig that leaf spring seat (ala' Biker Build Off?) Great tube work on that swingarm, too. =)

    ReplyDelete