Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coming soon...

Two weekends ago, I had my buddy Brandon bring down his "Sweet Tang" Triumph chop to shoot for our issue #107 cover. He was to leave Traverse City in the morning and arrive in Detroit around noon, a solid 4+ hour drive on a nice day.

I was in charge of getting all the detail and bike shots that friday, and then the next day E-man and Hammer would shoot the bike with the model.

As fate would have it, the Midwest received a pretty decent down pour of snow that friday, slowing highway speeds for an old Jeep Cherokee pulling a janky trailer behind it to a 45 mph crawl.

Brandon and his buddy Ivan rolled up to my house around 9p.m, and I hoped in his Jeep. We drove around the burbs searching for a decent location... In my mind, I had pictured shooting in daylight with the Detroit skyline as a backdrop. Sunsets, eroding buildings, dramatic natural lighting... but it was now night time, and anything I had previously planned was thrown out the window.

We pulled into an industrial complex on the border of the city, dragged the bike out of the trailer, gave it a good wipe down, and I started shooting. The first few shots looked like this;


 Horrible.

I was using a new technique I had never tried before, and these first few shots were not very re-assuring.

But, by the end of the shoot I think I got the hang of it.


Thats more like it!

After three freezing hours, we grubbed up on some much needed Mexican food and played a few rounds of Chopper fridge back at my place.




The next day, we shot with the Model over at our World Headquarters. I'll save those teaser shots for another post, but let's just say they turned out stunning....

After we called it a wrap on the second day of shooting, Brandon fired up Orange Tang in one kick and did some laps for the camera in the below freezing temps. This thing rips!



You'll be able to catch the rest of the photos and details on this bike in 107 when it hits news stands mid February. Keep yer eyes peeled, its gonna be a good one!

5 comments:

  1. Damn that thing's got a badass stance to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Janky", huh? Thanks for the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janky indeed! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Janky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finishing shot Jordan...way to pull it off! "GTP"

    ReplyDelete